IP addresses and cookies
- Theorymine Limited of 8 Melville Street, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 7NS (“we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- This page (together with the documents referred to on it) provides the basis upon which any personal data that you submit to us will be processed by us.
- Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding personal data and how we will treat it.
- We are the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”).
Information we may collect
We may collect and process (or procure the collection and processing of) the following information:
- information that you submit by filling in forms on our site;
- information submitted at the time of registering with our site or requesting products from us;
- information you provide when you report a problem with our site;
- information concerning your use of our site and the products you purchase from us;
- information you submit to our service providers, including without limitation through the website of our chosen payment services provider (the “payment website”);
- information concerning your use of the payment website and the payment method chosen by you upon the payment website;
material including comments, reviews and recommendations you submit to our site;
- information concerning your compliance with the terms and conditions relating to the use of our site;
- information you provide when you contact us, including a copy of and records concerning any correspondence;
- information we may record concerning your communications with us for quality control and training purposes;
- information you provide when complete surveys that we use for research purposes; and
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- We may collect this information into a file specific to you.
- If you submit information through or otherwise to our site, we may additionally collect and process information on any individuals identified therein or identifiable therefrom.
Where we store personal data
- We may collect (or procure the collection of) information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address (a unique identifier for your computer or other access device), operating system (for example, Microsoft Windows XP or Macintosh OS X) and browser type (for example, Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox), for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is a small text file that is sent by us (or third parties acting on our behalf) and is stored on the hard drive of your computer or other access device. Cookies help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to our site.
If you want to delete any cookies, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Our cookies will contain the domain name theorymine.co.uk within their internet address.
Uses made of the information
All personal data you submit to us is stored on our behalf upon servers provided by third parties to us. We shall use reasonable endeavours to procure the maintenance of appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the personal data that you submit. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect any personal data that you submit, we cannot guarantee the security of personal data submitted to our site. Any such submission is at your own risk. Once we have received personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to, destruction of or damage to personal data.
Disclosure of information
We use the information that we collect (or procure the collection of) from or concerning you or which you submit to us in the following ways:
- to enable the proper maintenance and / or operation of our site;
to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information or products that you request from us;
- to maintain a publicly available register of products purchased from us;
- to provide you with information concerning products made available by us;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our site;
- to allow us to consider your comments, queries and suggestions and respond, if necessary;
- to comply with any legal obligation;
- to enable or facilitate the exercise of our rights under the terms and conditions relating to the use of our site; and
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, or others.
- We may also share the information that we collect (or procure the collection of) from or concerning you or which you submit to us with our business partners for marketing purposes or may send you information about other organisations’ goods or services. We or our business partners may contact you by mail, telephone, fax, e-mail or other electronic messaging service with offers of goods and services that may be of interest to you. By providing us with your fax number, telephone numbers or e-mail address, you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or our business partners please email us at info at theorymine.co.uk or write to us at Theorymine Limited, 8 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 &NS, United Kingdom.
- We may keep personal data we collect (or procure the collection of) from or concerning you or which you submit to us for a reasonable period for the aforementioned purposes.
Third party personal data
We may disclose the information that we collect (or procure the collection of) from or concerning you or which you submit to us:
- to enable the proper maintenance of our site;
- to enable the supply to you of products which you have requested;
- to maintain and make available to the public a register of products purchased from us;
- to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- to comply with any legal or contractual obligation;
- to enable or facilitate the exercise of our rights under the terms and conditions relating to the use of our site; or
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, or others where such disclosure may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention.
Access to information
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by emailing us at info at theorymine.co.uk or write to us at Theorymine Limited, 8 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 &NS, United Kingdom.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party sites. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that we are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these sites nor for the way in which the personal data of their users is treated. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You also have the right to have any inaccuracies corrected in the personal data that we hold about you.